The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert
- ISBN13: 9780615271835
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Law School Admission Expert Ann Levine, former director of admission for two ABA law schools and popular pre-law blogger of the Law School Expert blog offers concrete tips and professional insights into the law school admission process and how to maximize each piece of the law school application process. The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert answers questions for today's law school applicants including:
- How will law schools view my credentials, activities, and work experience?
- What is the rolling admission process and how can it impact whether I am accepted?
- Will the fact that I am a non-traditional applicant help me or hurt me?
- Why is the personal statement important and how do I select a topic?
- What should I do if someone tells me to write my own letter of recommendation for their signature?
- How do I explain a low LSAT score, inconsistent GPA, academic probation, or arrest record?
- Should I write one of the optional essays? Which one?
- Why was I placed on a waiting list and what can I do to increase my chances of acceptance?
- How can I use scholarship offers to negotiate between law schools?
- How do I decide where to attend?
The tips and insights provided within The Law School Admission Game: How to Play Like an Expert is the second best thing to having your own law school admission consultant. Ms. Levine offers candid and tangible advice in a conversational tone with an open and encouraging (but brutally honest) approach. This book will change how you look at the law school admission process and help you create your strongest possible application package. This book offers strategies for all law school applicants, including specific advice for people:
-Determined to attend a Top Law School
-Hoping for the chance to attend any law school
-Seeking an affordable legal education
-Returning to school after being in the work force
-Still in college with limited work and life experience
-Considering how to build their experiences and resumes to strengthen their applications
-Concerned about writing a compelling personal statement because they haven't experienced poverty or overcome paralysis
Know the story they want to tell about overcoming obstacles in life but are not sure what to emphasize. No matter your life story or potential weaknesses in your law school application, The Law School Admission Game: How to Play Like an Expert will guide you through every piece of the application process. From filling in the blanks on applications to deciding whether to submit an optional essay to what to do when waitlisted, this little book will assure you and arm you with insider knowledge every step of the way.